Sunday, November 20, 2005

Back from Seattle. . .

So, it was indeed a wonderful whirl-wind trip to Seattle. And, it definitely had its ups and downs. First, after arriving in this wonderful city, we headed off to the Supersonics game. It was really great to see the boys play again, but the game itself really wasn't that exciting. The Sonics were behind by like 15 at the half. . .and then the Bulls ended up losing by 15. It was a really lopsided game with first one team, then the other team playing really awful basketball. Kirk had an especially bad night, not like I remember seeing from him. Raoul and I did our best to hold up our sign with pride, but I'm afraid they did not see it among the huge crowd of fans. Then, there was supposed to be a news conference with Nick Collison and Luke Ridnour after the game. We went to the right place to wait. . .and nothing happened. No one seemed to know about any news conference, so apparently there was some miscommunication between the Sonics staff and the KU alumni Seattle chapter. So, huge bummer there. . .no Nick, no Kirk. The game was fun, but I do look back much more fondly of when they played together, and the crowd was a whole lot more enthusiastic. Also, the KU pep band is AWESOME!!! Electronic music and R&B/Rap stuff at NBA games is truly awful. It was fun to see the game, though, and maybe next time I'll be able to see Nick. . .going to try and use my K-Club connections.

Saturday was a way fun day. We started out by going to our favorite French pastery shop "le panier" and eating yummy apricot croissants for brunch. Then it was off to the underground tour of Seattle. Very interesting. . .and boy were there some stubborn people who founded that city! We then went on an afternoon of shopping. . .Raoul for comics and some plastic thing named "Thanos", and me for what else. . .clothes! He was very patient with me, but we were unable to find something for me to wear to our clinic's Christmas party. I'll have to keep looking in KC over Thanksgiving. Then we had dinner at PF Changs (yummy!) and went to see the new Harry Potter movie. It was good, very different from the others. . .and I've decided that I would have enjoyed it much more had I been in a comfy chair with a blanket. We did see some entertainment afterwards, though, when two guys almost started a fight because one of them accidently kicked the other guy's chair during the movie. Sometimes I wonder where all the common sense and courtesy has gone. Anyways, after the movie we topped off the night by stopping by the cheesecake factory and heading back to the hotel with our midnight snack.

Sunday was a short day since we had to leave town. We went down to Pike's market, and we ate lunch at a great seafood restaurant that we found on our last trip over. Raoul got his samon and chowder, and I enjoyed my chicken fetticine alfredo. At the market we picked up a couple of gifts to bring home to the family over Thanksgiving, and then it was back to "le panier" for French pastries and hot chocolate to go. After a long drive in the fog (I think we actually saw the space needle twice while we were there!), we finished our weekend at our favorite Pullman eatery: The Cougar Country Drive-In. Overall an exhausting, but fun weekend. . .and somewhere along the way a demented children's story about Steve the quesadilla making robot was created. You'll have to ask Raoul about that one.

I'm off to good 'ol Kansas on Thursday. Yippee! Wishing all of you a fantastic Thanksgiving and safe travels!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Space Needle :)