Sunday, November 06, 2005

A super, and super-busy weekend!

Wow! What a weekend! So much has happened in the last couple of days, so here goes. . . and who knows, maybe someone will actually respond to my posts (my blog is very lonely :( ).

Weekend started out with a night at the LSCS basketball game. Got to hang out with the bosses and their families, and at half-time we were privelaged to be the first booster to be honored on the court. We got to go down to the floor, snap a couple of pictures, and received a way cool looking plaque. The neatest thing was that the bosses wanted all of us to be there, not just them, because it's all of us who are a part of clinic. Very cool to feel a part of something. Also, I get to have my picture in a welcome ad in the Lewiston Tribune soon, so everybody will know who I am. And, I've gotten several reserve orders from the family for copies to be sent of my first time in print. Overall, continuing to love work. . . except for all the paperwork stuff (death to Medicare!!!). The guys are awesome, and I'm continuing to learn constantly. . . and speaking of learning, I really need to get my TDPT application in (note to self).

History happened on Saturday. . .KU beat Nebraska in football for the first time in 37 years! YEAH!!!! And not only did they beat them, they clobbered them with a blunt object. . .40-15. Hooray for ending the second longest losing streak in NCAA history! And maybe, just maybe, if the offense can continue to play, they may actually help contribute like the defense has been doing all year. I mean, how can a team with one of the best defenses in the nation have so much trouble winning football games? We've got two games left, and if we can win just one of them (either Texas or Iowa State--both very good footbal teams) we'll be off to a bowl game! Rock, Chalk, Jayhawks!

Then, after a mad cleaning dash on Saturday (this place is cleaner than it's ever been!), a girl I work with and her boyfriend came over for dinner. Yeah for taco soup! We played a rousing game of Cranium and chatted till the wee hours of the night. They are very cool people, and we have vowed to get together more often. Along with the fun. . .my b-friend's sis (and also one of my good friends) is engaged! It is very exciting! In fact, this is probably one of the only weddings I will attend that I have been excited about in the last few years. While the news is very cool, I have to say that the reaction from the boy provided some entertainment as well. He did a little happy dance and went into a Cartman monologue (which he explained to me later. . .something about an empty amusment park). It's so sweet to see him so excited about B & B, especially since when bobo first entered the picture, his brother and he interrogated him for an hour over dinner. And, once again, I wash my hands of that whole incident!!!!! :) Anyways, excitement for all! Yippee! I'm going to try to get out to Boston in the spring for a weekend sometime. . . I'll let you know when bugsy!

And then there was children's church. I volunteered to help with the kiddos since they've been looking for help. I'm with the school-age kids, so no problem, they can actually read pretty well! Except. . .there are several children who have a certain condition that I've become more familiar with because of people close to me with similar experiences. It's not a complete problem, but with 4 or 5 of them, it can be pretty disruptive. I guess that God is bound and determined to teach me patience. I just hope with a lot of prayer and support, I can learn it as gracefully as possible.

So, now I'm back home from up north, settling in to get some dishes done, do laundry, and write that stinking 500 word essay for my TDPT application. A pretty uneventful end to an eventful weekend. But, nonetheless it must be done! :)

2 comments:

Raoul The Destroyer said...

You get to have your picture in the paper?

Why didn't you tell me this?

Anonymous said...

Pictures! We want copies!
The Tulsa fans