Thursday, July 06, 2006

Congrats to Bugsy and Bobo!

Well, we have all officially made it through the wedding in one piece. . .and I must say that it was a fantastic experience. I loved the smallness (is that a word?) because it allowed all of us to really spend some time together and not just run around going crazy making sure everything was in place. The bride was beautiful. . .gorgeous actually. . .and both of them kept things really light and fun--no stress or tension here! Overall, a very fun, relaxing, and special weekend that I feel blessed to have taken part in.

Massachusetts. . .what a crazy state! I've never seen so many trees in my life, and I live near the mountains! Driving there was quite a trick, since they seem to have omitted several important street signs and you cannot see around you because of the trees so it's easy to lose your sense of direction. We did have beautiful weather, though, and even got to spend a few hours at the beach. Our hosts were fantastic and made our experience as minimally confusing as possible. A neat place to visit, but I guess I just love my scenery and wide-open spaces too much!

After much craziness at several airports. . .with a big thank you to the guy who got us on the plane to Providence at MCI even though we almost missed it thanks to not receiving an update on our flight changes. . .and a long drive from KC, I'm finally here at my parent's house for about 24 hours before heading back up to KC. Since the US Senior Open is going on right now, we're pretty much caged in to our neighborhood, but Grandma and Grandpa are coming over for dinner tonight. I also got to see my cousin briefly before she left on a flight to see my uncle's side of the family. . .think driving to the airport at 4:30 am this morning. I promptly came back home to sleep after that!

That's a quick update on our trip so far. Plans to go to the Royal's game on Saturday and meet up with some of my classmates in KC on Saturday. A busy trip, but did I mention that I love being paid to have fun? Yippee for vacation time!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want to stop through Emporia on your way up to KC, we'll be here!!

Roomba Mom said...

Welcome, future DIL! We are so excited and pleased. This has been a wonderful week,
Love,
Roomba Mom and her hubby

quijotefan83 said...

So... you going to post any OTHER recent news? :)

Arely said...

Congratulations Sweety!!! You really need to blog!! Details, details!! : D !!
Best of wishes!!

hombre guapo said...

What is the OTHER news?
Oh I am so happy for you guys ~ Congratulations!
It was good to see you to by the way up at the Cape.

hombre guapo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.