Monday, June 26, 2006

I'm moving!!!

So, it's official. . .I'm moving out of my cursed apartment! Yippee!!! The duplex came through, and I'll be able to move in sometime after getting back from Kansas City. I've already had tons of people offer to help move and let me use their trucks (no U-Haul for this move :) ) , and there is word going around of a barbeque to kick off my new little backyard. I'm VERY excited! Plus, since it's on ground level DDR will live again. Just wait till the LC Valley gets a taste of the master :) So, our Seattle friends will actually have room to stay with me now. Just ask my family how much room there is for everybody in my current dwelling!

This weekend we began our Washington Sonic experience, and it was fabulous. I found two more pillows for my couch and two pairs of sunglasses (hoping that with two I'll make it through the rest of the summer without losing or breaking them). Then we came back and played poker with some of my friends from work. I may not play poker very well, but I was sure lucky!! I almost took it all but lost on the last hand--an all-in round to finish off the game. Sunday we ran tons of errands to get ready to leave on Friday. We have also been watching the "Into the West" series that was on TV last year. It is really good and gives a more in-depth perspective of how white people basically decimated native american culture. Sad, very sad. It also portrays Quantrail's raid on Lawrence, and I must admit I got pretty pissed and a little teary-eyed. How dare those horrible people come into a town, kill everyone, burn it down, and enjoy every minute of it? Sick, very sick. We saw Nacho Libre last night. . .not exactly my type of flick, but wondering what Raoul's bro thought of the movie?

Tomorrow is an exciting, much anticipated night. . .Superman opens for a 10:00 pm showing in Lewiston, and Raoul and I are going! There is much else to do--lots of laundry, packing, continuing my dedication to exercise, having dinner with my boss's family sometime this week. . .so much to do, so little time. Too bad I don't have multiple personalities :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new place. I'm glad you finally found something. And I'm glad we will have more room when Matt and I come down to visit soon!!