Sunday, July 23, 2006

Moving. . .

As the rest of the country has felt the heatwave, the LC valley is no exception. It has been between 95 and 110 for over a week now. And, of course, when it is that hot I decide that it is a good time to move all of my stuff to a new apartment. The new place is great, with the main exception being that the previous owner had a cat, and the cat left behind a not so great odor. I've tried several things with only marginal success, so now it's on to talking to my landloards about the need to replace the carpet in about half of my apartment. Aside from that, I love my garage, I have a ton more room, and central air is a definite blessing. For the sake of Raoul and his allergic reaction to cats, though, I should definitely get the cat thing taken care of. We got most of my stuff moved last weekend, all of the furniture and my clothes, dishes, etc. My electronic stuff came over mid-week when my cable was turned on here, and all I have left is odds and ends like coats (which you don't really think about when it's 110) and storage stuff. Hopefully next weekend I'll have some down time to get the apartment clean and turn over the keys so I can be done with the old place!

This weekend after working a 7 hour day on Saturday, we had the pleasure of having Matt and Emily come in from Seattle. . .though they may have wished that they had stayed there after they got a taste of the heat here. We had dinner at the Sangria grill (yummy!) and went to see "Lady in the Water" while indulging in frozen junior mints. The movie was really fantastic. . .probably my favorite M. Night movie behind "Signs". And, contrary to the trailers, the movie is not scary. In fact, it is really sweet and a wonderful story. Today at church we officially became members, and then we took Matt and Emily to the pizzeria where they know us by name. We took in the "Idaho Sucks" video at the Lewis and Clark Discovery Center, and then went out to the Nez Perce visitor's center. Unexpectedly, a park ranger was giving a talk on how to throw an atlal. And, after some instruction, we were able to try it out for ourselves. Congrats to Matt who was the only one of the four of us who hit the cardboard woolly mammoth! Then Raoul took them back up to Pullman so they could head back up to the coast. It was a quick weekend, but a fun time to catch up with friends.

That leaves me an afternoon/evening of some relaxation. I might catch up on some laundry so I have clothes for the next week, and I need to pick up another load of stuff at the apartment because Jaime's coming over tonight to experience DDR for the first time. I have a feeling an obsession with be born and we'll have another mode of exercise besides walking the bridges. Then to face another week of work and try to get this place in some semblence of order. More to come when I finish the move and hopefully some pictures of the new place too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a great time! We put some pictures of the weekend up on our blog if you want to see them.

Hope the carpet issue gets worked out (for raoul's sake)