Thursday, June 22, 2006

Another weekend excursion ahead!

So, as you've all probably read from other blogs by now, we returned from Seattle after a quick weekend of fun with Matt and Emily. Since their stuff actually arrived while we were there, we got to lend a hand helping unpack. Well, I unpacked a lot. . .I think Raoul became the regular "take the empty boxes outside" guy. Plus, we visited Ikea, Target, and other wonderful locations that I am not able to frequent as much as I'd like. Sometimes living in a smaller town is really nice. . .but I definitely miss the conveniences of a big city. So, I informed Raoul that he'd just have to work really hard so that he could get a job in Seattle after he's done in Pullman :) Overall a great weekend, and I'm excited to get to spend more time with our fellow Washingtonians in the future.

After having a couple of weeks of being slow at work, things have decided to pick back up again. We got 8 home health referrals this week, with 3 more on the way this weekend. That pretty much doubles our existing patient load and puts us back to our more "normal" number of patients. Good thing I took advantage of the "slow" time when I had it because otherwise there would be an insane stack of papers on my desk that I would have never gotten through. We're prepping right now to get things set up so that everything is covered while I'm gone after next week. Thank goodness Chris is coming back soon. . .July 10th! I celebrated my 11 mo. anniversary in the working world a couple of days ago. It's hard to believe that things have flown by so quickly!

In housing news. . .I checked out a duplex for rent a couple of days ago. Raoul and I are going to check it out again on Sunday, but then it looks like I'll be getting out of this cursed apartment. This duplex is definitely stuck in the '70s (aka gold appliances, a pink shower, dark cheap wood cabinets) but it does have a garage, all appliances (including a garbage disposal. . .yippee!) and a small fenced in yard. That would be perfect for the corgi puppy that might be negotiable according to the owner of the property. I'm not trying to get ahead of myself, though, so I'll fill everyone in more after a decision is made one way or the other.

Raoul and I are going to Spokane on Saturday so that we can go to (drumroll please) . . .SONIC!!! Yes, Spokane is the first city in Washington to have a Sonic drive-through. And yes, it is completely reasonable to drive 2 hours to partake in this fantastic achievement! I haven't had a cherry limeade in SOOOO long. In fact I may have to write a poem to put into words the love I have for this wonderful drink. Stay tuned for more. . .

4 comments:

Roomba Mom said...

Do the appliances include washer/dryer? (See Quixote's blog.) If you have those, you're golden.

Jumping Jayhawk said...

Yes, stackable. . . it is a one-butt kitchen, though. Extremely small! Not that I cook much anyways. :)

Anonymous said...

2 hours is more than reasonable to go to Sonic. Heck I'm thinking about making the drive just for some onion rings!

Raoul The Destroyer said...

Sonic popcorn chicken... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...