Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Back to Work Again!

To pick up where I left off in my last post, my parents, brother and I spent our last day together taking a nice drive up the clearwater river to check out some rafting places for their next visit out here. It was a beautiful day, and we found a neat little tea room in Kamiah (pronounced Kam-e-eye) that had soups/salads/sandwiches and makes there own homemade bread. Yummy! Then they left to drive up to Spokane and fly home to Kansas. Overall it was a very fun trip. . .too short, but fun.

Then it was back to work again. I worked last weekend, so it was like I went straight back to working a whole week. Working on the weekends can be a bit challenging (since that means we work 12 days in a row) but it does give me some extra money to pay for all those plane tickets to come home to Kansas! Things have been rolling right on, but Raoul and I are off to Seattle this weekend to see our friends Matt and Emily who just moved there. We love Seattle!

So I have finally resolved to stop putting it off and start getting healthier. I've started doing 60 minutes of cardio 3-4 times a week and add in some weight training a couple of days a week as well. I haven't had a soda in over a week, and I am attempting to weed out a lot of my usual fast food and dessert runs. Summer is definitely the time to do it. . .I'm usually not as hungry as in the winter, and it's nice enough to exercise outside. Starting a habit is definitely hard, but it's time I buckled down and did it.

My new TV obsession is "So you think you can dance". Yes, it's like American Idol, and yes it can definitely be cheezy at times, but there are some really talented people out there! Plus, since I can't dance to save my life (except for line dancing) it's really cool to see what others can do! In other entertainment news, Raoul and I watched "To Be or Not to Be" with Mel Brooks last weekend, and I really liked it. It was definitely more serious than his other films, but maybe that's why I liked it so much. We've also checked out "The Breakup", which I really don't recommend. The beginning is pretty funny and then it just gets. . .really awkward :( The ending leaves much to be desired, and Vince Vaughn stops being funny after about 45 minutes. If you have to see it, wait till video. I'd like to see "Prairie Home Companion" and "Cars" sometime soon, so hopefully they will be a better flick than that disappointing waste of money I saw last weekend. Also, something to look forward to. . .Garrison Keeler and Prairie Home Companion is coming to WSU in October and Raoul and I are definitely getting tickets!!!

That's all for now. We're off to Seattle on Friday, back for two weeks and then it's off to the east coast! Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are excited to have you guys visit! See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Think of it...all that wonderful seafood.R'sD