Saturday, May 06, 2006

17 1/2 days and counting. . .

What, you may ask, is 17 1/2 days and counting? That is exactly how many days of work I have left before I get my first official vacation day!!! Can you tell I'm excited? I honestly had no idea the first year would be quite this difficult to adjust to. I mean, I definitely like my job and co-workers, but I had been used to having a week or two off of school 2-3 times a year even in graduate school. Now I have work straight from July 20th until now without taking a single vacation day (per the employee handbook). In fact I'm technically not supposed to have any vacation for a full year, but my boss is being very gracious (perhaps he doesn't want to me to crazy, hmmm. . . .) and letting me taking some time a little earlier. To be paid not to work, definitely something to look forward to!

Raoul has officially finished his first year of graduate school and now has way too much time on his hands (for a couple of weeks anyways). This, of course makes me extremely jealous. . .until I remember that paycheck thing, nice to have around. Plus, this means he can run errands for me and pick up family members at the airport, right?

Next weekend Raoul's parents are up here for a visit. We are very excited!! On Saturday we are planning a day trip to Walla Walla, WA for tours of the vineyards and some wine tasting at the wineries. Plus that weekend there will be several hot air balloons in the sky. . .pretty!!! And definitely loving that Raoul is such a willing designated driver.

Plans for the following weekends:
May 20-21 working
May 26-29 Portland, OR

I am definitely excited for Portland since Raoul has finally given in and is letting me take him shopping!!! He needs a new suit for the wedding and a new jacket since he got paint on it during Habitat for Humanity. I am going to find something pretty for myself as well, because we can't have those east-coast folks thinking we're all backwoods out west. We do have running water and electricity now, you know! :)

That's all for now. . .off to an evening of relaxation and not thinking about anything productive.

No comments: