Thursday, October 19, 2006

Gilmore Girls Episodes 3 & 4

So, things have been extremely hectic lately, so I haven't had the chance to post updates. I have been keeping up with GG though. The 3rd episode didn't really do much for me. I felt like much didn't really happen, although the writing did seem to get a little bit better. So, I am one of those few who thinks that Christopher and Loreli should end up together, but episode 4 is making me a little wary. Chris is a great guy and is treating Loreli like a princess, but the way they are writing the relationship is a little weird. It just feels perfect, yet disconnected, like I can see them having the two of them split in a few episodes. Plus, everyone is acting all paranoid about him being the rebound guy. Understand the worry behind getting too serious too soon, but why does everyone treat Loreli like a little kid? I'd really love to see her come into her own and not need someone else to tell her what to do. Anyways, I don't have much to comment about it, just waiting to see what happens.

I have been keeping up with Project Runway, so the big finale was last night. It was kind of disapointing that Jeffrey won. Throughout the show I have been a fan of Michael Knight, but honestly in the runway show I thought his collection was kind of trashy. Uli's collection, however, really impressed me. I really think she should have won the competition just based on the runway show. Any other Runway fans out there who have thoughts?

Things here are still really busy. We lost our PTA last week, which has its good and bad points. Good because she wasn't a good fit with the rest of us and bad because we're stuck short-handed again. Volleyball is going OK, but it's kind of tough because my team has a tough time taking the game seriously. I mean, I'm all about having fun, but I really like to play well and win occasionally. . .that's definitely not happening. Plus, since we can't get a pass up, there's no chance of setting it up for a spike, which is my favorite part of the game.

On a good note, though, I went to Spokane next weekend and found "the dress". It took trips to 6 stores to finally find a store with a helpful service staff and a gorgeous dress. So, now the quest is to find it in KC to present to my mom before ordering it back here. So keep your fingers crossed so we can find it.

That's about it. . .feel free to comment away!

4 comments:

hombre guapo said...

Okay - -I obviously haven't been able to watch GG here in Korea. I am with you, however, though I would like to see Christopher and Loreli together too!

Anyway, I understand that life is busy. Even though we don't talk a lot I like it how we are still connected through your GG updates on your blog! It makes me smile.

Anonymous said...

So... With GG, consider:

* Lorelai recently broke up with the love of her life. If she felt connected to Chris, I'd think something was wierd.

* For someone who wants "the whole package," Lorelai has been awful tentative about pursuing it. But that's her. She's afraid of being vulnerable. So she might break it off with Chris. (Is this what happened when they were 16?)

* Chris has always said that Lorelai was "the one" for him. But when the chips were down, there was always something else that was more important to him. (Is this also what happened when they were 16?)

Personally, I'd be happy if Lorelai ended up with anyone: Chris, Luke, whoever. I'm very interested to find out if she will and if so how that will happen.

-TimK

Anonymous said...

Ugh! Q's D

Arely said...

LoL. yeah... like MrQ, Im a bit out of this conversation... jijiji...
But Im SO happy you found your dress! or a potential dress, I guess, until you order :P AwWw... have fun and keep us updated :)!!