Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Gilmore Girls: Episode One

So, I watched the season premiere of Gilmore Girls on Tuesday night, and I'm not sure how I feel about it so far. There were times when I wasn't sure if things felt weird because of the writing (since the writer is no longer with the show) or if I was just paranoid because the writer is no longer with the show. I noticed it especially in the arm wrestling scene with Sookie and Michel. Was it over the top because of the characters or just because that scene was badly written? The whole mood of the show was kind of slow and painful too, but again, that could be because of the strained situations Loreli and Rory are dealing with in the episode.

Personally, it was really painful to sit through the whole show going "Luke and Loreli need to talk. I don't care if they get back together or not, but they need to talk". The silence between them was deafening. Then there's the whole Rory/Logan thing. The rocket gift/reference to the Twilight Zone was cool, but just when you think things are going well and maybe you could actually get used to the idea of them as a couple he makes plans not to see her until Christmas. Grrrr. . . I kind of think that the Luke and Loreli thing is over, though. And, I have a feeling that she'll be with Christopher at the end of this season, kind of a happy family kind of ending. After what Luke put her through with April and keeping Loreli out of that relationship, he really does deserve what he gets. I mean, Loreli can't play the desperate character forever (though from the previews for next week it looks like she will take that position yet again). With Rory? I have no idea! As always, though, Taylor continues to annoy me, Kirk continues to make me wonder what planet he came from, and Paris continues to be as socially incompetant as ever.

So, fellow Gilmore fans, any thoughts?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan, but Rachel has caught on to the previews, especially the one where Loreli, (I think it's her), says "You're double nuts!" Rachel points at me randomly throughout the day and says the same thing! Pretty cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey there Sarah! Long time, no hear! Anyway, I'm a big GG fan and I felt something weird with the writing too towards the end of the last season. Things weren't as quick as they were before. While I felt the witty banter was getting back to normal on this last episode, you're right....something still felt a little "off" somehow. I hope it improves as the show goes on.

Oh! And BTW-congrats to you and Paul! I'm so happy for you guys:)

Jessica Koebbe

Anonymous said...

I was a little paranoid about the writing too, but I think it was a pretty good episode. Taylor ALWAYS annoys me. And I don't see why Rory didn't tell Logan she wanted to see him earlier. I thought they had a pretty close relationship. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out.

hombre guapo said...

well keep blogging about it with updates becuase i won't get to see it in korea probably.
and yes, i know i am a guy, but i like gilmore girls.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe The Twilight Zone was mentioned in a post about the Gilmore Girls. Rod Serling must be rolling in his grave. ;)

Anonymous said...

You and you FMIL are bonkers. Doesn't mean I don't love you but you're bonkers." Round the bend", "walkabout".
FFIL

Bugsy said...

Agree about wierdness. Hated the kitchen scene because Sookie's little rant just seemed more forced then natural ranting of Sookie. New episode on tonight, should be interesting, but I hate that they make Loreli so... well, hurtable? I dunno, Luke was one of her "great loves", but I think it's pretty obvious she will end up back with Chris. Rory and Logan I actually hope make it work and they don't ruin it, though I will always be a Jess fan. By the way, I HATE what the writters did last season with him and Rory, ugh!! Okay, will watch tonight and see what happens.