Thursday, September 21, 2006

Yeah for Rain!

So, after months of dry weather and fires, it has finally rained. In fact, it's rained for almost 3 days straight now. I just love the crisp air after a good rain. . .I do miss thunderstorms, though. They don't have them here like they do in Kansas. So, let the rain continue. . .

I had a busy work weekend last weekend, so I am definitely looking forward to two days off this weekend. Things have been hectic all around, but somehow we always seem to get things done. I attribute most of it to teamwork--my co-workers rock! I turned in my first case study for my class last week and heard back from my instructor yesterday. She wants to use my paper as a discussion for everyone taking this course--and she gave me 100%. Yippee! It's really hard to commit to doing this class in the midst of all of my work stuff, but it helps to have that kind of encouragement along the way.

Jaimee and I road bikes for about 10 miles tonight. Now, Quijote makes me look like a novice (it took us about 1 hour and 15 minutes to do it), but it was fun to shake things up a bit instead of just walking or going to the gym. Volleyball starts next week! We practiced a bit last weekend, and boy am I rusty! My timing is way off--hopefully it will come back. Otherwise "Da Wall" will become "Da girl who can't get there in time".

Since work has been so crazy recently, I decided to treat myself to something I've been eyeing for awhile now. On Sunday I bought a 37" flatscreen LCD TV. It is absolutely beautiful! The funny thing is that I explain to everyone here that I needed a bigger TV so that I could watch KU basketball games without sitting 2" from the screen. They all seem to think I'm crazy, but ask any fellow Kansan and the first thing they say when I tell them I bought a new TV is "that will be awesome for watching basketball on". Somethings these northwesterners will never quite understand. That's OK though. The beauty of Kansas basketball is that it is absolutely insanely awesome--our fans have every right to obsess as much as they do about "our boys". I mean, I am not crazy for watching recruiting stuff all summer and anxiously awaiting "Late Night" in October for the season to begin, right?

Things I miss about Kansas: basketball, BBQ, open night skies, Panera, my family, Denim and Diamonds, Trina, my friends--can't wait for my visit home over Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kansas Basketball....Kansas Basketball. It proves there is a vengeful god, but most surely one
that didn't go to Mizzou.Raouls' "D"