Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Seattle here we come!

So, as you can tell from the title of my post, I'm excited about this weekend's trip to Seattle. My sister and Trina are flying in to spend time in a fantastic city! We're going to do all the "Seattle" stuff, Trina has requested repeated trips to Starbucks, and on Sunday we'll be doing some dress shopping. Hopefully, at some point I'll find a new entertainment center to replace my broken one. . .yeah for Ikea!

So, for an update since my last post. I've slowly been continuing my quest to organize my duplex. Slowly is the operative word here. I did clear a path in my office to the futon so Raoul doesn't have to use his Steeplechasing skills to sleep on Saturday nights. It's all about injury prevention. We did go to Macy's and pick out some Fiestaware. We did 4 sets in three different colors: cobalt, sunflower, and scarlet. I know, you're probably all thinking "why didn't you just wait to register for them?" Well, Macy's had a huge sale and were selling them for "buy one get one free". It was too good of a deal to pass up, so I splurged a bit. I'm really going through this nesting thing. . .putting together a decent home has suddenly become this huge drive, thus the curtains, dishes, etc. Next on the list? Entertainment Center. End tables for the living room.

Last Saturday Jaimee and I went to Spokane for the day. We hit all the good spots, including Target, and I introduced her to the wonder that is Sonic. We also stopped by David's Bridal and I tried on a couple of things. It's really weird, you know. I'm not exactly a frilly girl. I wear pants and polos all week and usually just casual skirts to church. I pretty much happy in a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. Putting on a fancy dress is fun, but just feels odd. Hopefully I'll break into it a bit more after this upcoming weekend.

Raoul and I are continuing wedding planning stuff. It's definitely not easy 2,000 miles away. We have contacted a few photographers and gotten some information on caterers, but I feel like there's so much to be done. I just remember friends planning weddings in college and it being this really elaborate ordeal. Being in the working world, there just isn't time for that. I'm trying to live by "keep it simple, stupid". Good advice, huh?

Also, look for us to come out with a CD of our favorite tunes. As we've been looking for wedding music, we've realized that a lot of our favs are either depressing, about a break-up, or basically just wedding-incompatable lyrics. So, this CD will contain everything that won't work for a wedding. . .should be an interesting compilation!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jj,WE LOVE YOU DEARLY, EVEN THOUGH YOU DIDN'T CLEAR SIX FEET, BUT DO YOU REALLY WANT AN ACTIUON FIGURE GURU ?
ffil.....WE MISS YOU FOR DINNER EVEREY DAY...,,,,